PayPal Checkout is here - introducing new payments like Venmo!
AmeriCommerce has upgraded PayPal Express to the newest version of PayPal Commerce Platform, the same API being used for PayPal Checkout (formerly Express) which brings a ton of added value to our customers including the popular Smart Buttons.
AmeriCommerce is leading the way with integrated PayPal features
While integrating smart buttons, the AmeriCommerce team has developed the integration to work seamlessly into both Cart AND Checkout pages which makes AmeriCommerce one of the only e-commerce platforms in the world to be able to deliver on PayPal's full capabilities at each level.
- Shopify doesn't allow buttons on cart and checkout simultaneously as you can see by their documentation and their forum posts.
- BigCommerce doesn't allow it, but does promote Braintree's One Touch payment system (which is completely different).
- Magento has no native integration with PayPal Checkout's Smart Buttons yet
Why does this matter?
Your checkout page includes gift certificates, expanded order details, comments, loyalty/reward points calculations, and much more. Now you can make sure that data is properly present at checkout when using PayPal Smart Buttons - just one more way AmeriCommerce is offering merchants the ability to do more with their online store.
Here's a few of the benefits that are now available via the integration:
- Accept new methods of payment - Paypal Checkout now offers new ways to accept payments from customers such as Venmo, Paypal Credit, and more with easy-to-use Smart Buttons.
- View payments all in one dashboard - With the new PayPal Commerce platform you can view all Payments Pro and PayPal Checkout (formerly PayPal Express) sales at once in your PayPal admin console with a modern and up to date admin experience.
- New improved API for a faster and more secure checkout - PayPal Commerce platform allows a smoother transaction process that reduces wait time, provides extra security, and improves the customer experience resulting in more converted sales and less fraud.
Read here to learn how you can enable PayPal Checkout and start accepting Venmo on your online store today.