Hey friends, we’re starting the full rollout of the new responsive admin.
Over the next several weeks all customers on the old admin will be upgraded to the new admin. For the early adopters that upgraded to the new admin from July through November, you’ll be rolled up to the latest version of the new admin as well.
What’s New in the 2014 Release of the New Admin
The 2014.1 updates to new admin are all about speed, simplification, and fine-tuning the new admin.
Interface and User Experience Improvements:
- Simple Navigation with optional ability to add power features for power users.
- Full features page to jump-to power areas of the app and to add quick links to the main navigation.
- Quick add tool for adding customers, orders, quotes, products, categories, content pages, blog posts, discounts and gift certificates.
- New widgets for the customizable dashboard.
- Store speed improvements for client browser caching
- Improved theme management experience.
- New Live Design mode for in-context editing of store front-end pages.
- Fluid shell for additional optimizing for mobile and tablets.
Introducing the REV Theme Engine and Theme Store:
- Launched the REV Theme Engine which allows full customization of front-end pages and the one page checkout.
- Launched Base Theme for web designers building custom responsive themes using the Bootstrap 3 Framework.
- Launched several Rev Themes (fully responsive ecommerce themes) built upon Base Theme and leveraging the customization controls of the REV Theme Engine.
- Launched core theme store functionality for free and paid theme selection with the admin.
Other New Features Now Available:
- Question and Answer Widget
- Blog Comment Notification
- Import products from Google Products Feed
- Support for Configuring PayPal Bill Me Later
- MailChimp Integration
Help During the 2014.1 Upgrade
More About the New Responsive Admin
In August 2013, we gave a detailed post outlining many aspects of the new admin which included an overview of the interface and core features as well as more than a dozen screenshots.
Highlights of the new responsive admin:
Intuitive and responsive interface
- Desktop, tablet and mobile optimized layouts.
- Touch friendly navigation and retina friendly icons for tablet and mobile users.
- Simplified navigation and improved user experience.
- Easily accessible help text and overview information.
- Faster edit and add capabilities with in-context editing.
New admin tools
- Quick add tool to add products, customers, content, blogs, and more.
- Customizable dashboard for tracking trends and popular store metrics.
- Improved search and filtering tools.
- Simple WYSIWYG editor.
- Drag and drop file manager and menu builder.