Happy New Year! 2017 was great year for the ecommerce industry and it's only going to get bigger. According to TechCrunch, "Cyber Monday hits record-breaking $6.59B in US online sales" which is a major win for ecommerce store owners all over the world (and that was just ONE day!).
AmeriCommerce has been working over the holidays to improve the platform in several ways and prep for another big year in 2018. As you know, we want to supercharge our merchants abilities and continue giving jolts of power to our platform! Some of the tasks were new features, some were platform upgrades, and others were fixes and standard security checkpoints. Here are some tasks that our awesome team has been able to accomplish during 2017.
- Signifyd - Signifyd’s financial guarantee protects online retailers in case of chargebacks allowing businesses to increase sales and open new markets while reducing risk
- Veratad - Protecting kids online using Veratad demonstrates to consumers, parents, law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies, the highest levels of compliance and social responsibility. Our system responsibly compares an online visitor's data entry against billions of records from multiple trusted data sources empowering you to automate verification online.
- Updated Recaptcha - reCAPTCHA is a free service provided by Google that is created to shield websites from abuse and spam. reCAPTCHA is always on guard to ensure that your customers are actual people and not automated software intent on abusive activities. We've added new features such as adding reCAPTCHA to customer password lost page and number of login attempts.
- CartStack - Between CartStack’s cart & browse abandonment email campaigns, and other conversion enhancing tools accessible to its users, ecommerce businesses can expect to recover 15% or more of lost revenue from abandoning site visitors!
- AmeriCommerce Payments Beta Launch (full version coming by end of January!)
- Code moved to Git & Gitlab! Hello new world! This allows for new ways to innovate alongside our community.
- Re-Established Reseller and Affiliate programs (sign up here)
- Rolled out refreshed AmeriCommerce admin to all sites
- Introduced new email newsletter to instill better communication with users
- Updated Apps/Integrations pages with up to date content and partners
- Fixed or Improved several things requested from support and community
- Decommissioned older servers and streamlined sites to upgraded formats
- Added Monitoring and Alerts for Major Vendors (payments, shipping, tax, infrastructure, etc)
- Fixed Multiple Tax Cloud Integration Nuances
- Stripe Integration Updated
- Reconfigured SSL renewal policy to help users get ahead of expiration notices
PCI Certification Renewed
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of security standards designed to ensure that ALL companies that accept, process, store or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. At AmeriCommerce, we are proud to announce that within the first days of becoming our own company again that we successfully achieved our Certificate of PCI Compliance, validated by the highly regarded third party, Tevora Security, at the most rigorous level 1 standards.
Security is paramount for AmeriCommerce and a big deal for our customers. According to one unaffiliated security auditor sanctioned by one of our merchants to validate our practices and infrastructure, they had this to say. “AmeriCommerce is appreciative of the security exercise and is always looking for opportunities to harden their system. The AmeriCommerce ecommerce platform according to PivotPoint is better than most. “
What’s Next for 2018?
We have a lot in store for 2018. We are currently working to increase the speed, stability, security, and customer experience in several ways. AmeriCommerce is actively seeking new opportunities to automatically handle SSL management, adding more adrenaline to website speeds, exploring a new and vastly improved web application firewall, new partnerships and integration and much more.
Stay tuned in with our newsletter, social media, and blog posts as we kick the new year off with a bang!
As Always - Happy Selling!
About the Author
Jack Cravy is a creative marketing professional with a passion for growing businesses and optimizing processes to deliver a better quality experience to customers. He's worked with hundreds of individual businesses in a diverse set of industries all over the world. Jack serves as team leader and VP of Operations at AmeriCommerce.
More Awesome Content
Get tips and resources for selling delivered directly to your inbox.